Health Insurance Options
We know that the issue of health care is a top concern for you and your business. That's why the Texas Restaurant Association has teamed with UnitedHealthcare to provide TRA members with up-to-date health care information as well as innovative, cost effective solutions. The following is a summary of products and services offered by UnitedHealthcare.
For more information complete this form, call 1-800-293-1951 or simply call your broker.
You Know Service. So Do We.
Health Insurance Provided by UnitedHealthcare
We know health care is a top concern for your business. To help you meet these needs, the Texas Restaurant Association (TRA) and the National Restaurant Association (NRA) are working with UnitedHealthcare to provide easier access to health care coverage and related products and services to businesses like yours.
UnitedHealthcare, Texas Restaurant Association and the National Restaurant Association offer this exclusive program to members, which features the following:
- Up to a 3 percent discount on medical rates for standard fully insured new business groups with 51 or more eligible employees (note that some restrictions apply; and discounts may vary by location and group size)
- Up to a 5 percent discount on all specialty benefits products (dental, vision, life and disability) for fully insured groups – in addition to all other discounts including the Packaged Savings® program (note that some restrictions apply)
- Proprietary Restaurant Healthcare Discount Program available to employees and their families for just $5 per employee per month (not an insurance program)*
- Access to the National Restaurant Association Notification Tool, which helps employers meet the new exchange notification law requirements effective Oct. 1, 2013, along with a $300 credit to co-brand the portal, access U.S. Department of Labor notice templates and ability to track employee health care law verification records
- Latino Health Solutions resources and tools for Latino/Hispanic owners, operators and employees through UnitedHealthcare’s PlanBien® program
- Lower-cost “preventive” medical plans that meet minimal essential coverage requirements for the Individual Mandate under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), in addition to many Employer Mandate-compliant solutions**
*Disclosure: The health discount program is administered by or through United HealthCare Services, Inc. The health discount program is NOT insurance. The discount program provides discounts at certain health care providers for health and wellness services. The discount program does not make payments directly to the providers of health and wellness services. The discount program member is obligated to pay for all health and wellness services but will receive a discount from those health care providers who have contracts under the discount program.
**The UnitedHealthcare Preventive Plan is available to self-funded groups with 100+ employees; other limitations and restrictions may apply.
Insurance coverage provided by or through UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company or its affiliates. Administrative services provided by United HealthCare Services, Inc. or their affiliates. Health Plan coverage provided by or through a UnitedHealthcare Company.