Meet the 2003 Restaurant Manager of the Year!
Maria Nelson of Zentner's Daughter (above in blue), was presented with a check for $1,000 at the 2003 TRA Board and Awards Dinner in Dallas , Texas. Rewarding your hard working managers really pays off!
"Maria Nelson winning the 2003 TRA Restaurant Manager of the Year award has given us the best publicity we've ever had. It has been 'Maria Day' everyday at Zentner's Daughter since she won the award." Betty Zentner, Owner, Zentner's Daughter, San Angelo .
Look who won in 2003 !
Don't miss your opportunity to reward your hard working managers!
SUPERVISORS, PRESIDENTS, CEO'S, CFO'S, OWNERS, ASSOCIATE MEMBERS; VENDORS ;
Nominate your hard working restaurant managers for the third annual Restaurant Manager of the Year award.
OUR INDUSTRY IS A STORY - TELL US YOUR STORY
The restaurant industry is well known for enthusiastic and loyal personalities. We want to hear about the best restaurant managers in the business. Recognize outstanding restaurant managers throughout Texas . Nominate him or her for the third annual Restaurant Manager of the Year Award.
AWARDS AND PRIZES
One State Winner Wins:
- $1,000 CASH
- State Winner Plaque
- Recognition in Food & Service News magazine
- Transportation for 2 to the Southwest Foodservice Expo in Houston, Texas
- Hotel accommodations for two at the Hilton Hotel on June 28, 2004
- Reserved seating for two and recognition at TRA's annual gala dinner on June 28
20 TRA Chapter Winners Win:
- $150 cash
Chapter Winner Plaque
- Recognition as a chapter winner at a local chapter function
- Recognition as a chapter winner in Food & Service News magazine
- (One winner is selected from each participating TRA chapter. There are 21 chapters throughout the state.)
Candidates for the Restaurant Manager of the Year awards must be:
- Nominated in writing by TRA restaurant owners, supervisors, associate members or vendors.
- Currently employed in a managerial position.
- Working in a TRA-member restaurant or foodservice operation.
A panel of judges is selected annually to blindly judge applications. The judges use the following guidelines to
determine honorees at both the chapter and the state levels. The nominee must:
- Be a managerial employee of a TRA foodservice operation
- Have represented his or her foodservice operation with distinction, loyalty and personal dedication to his or her position and area of responsibilities
- Have demonstrated professionalism among his or her colleagues and supervisors
- All nominations must be in writing on the nomination form. The nominator's signature is required on the nomination form.
The deadline for submitting nominations is June 1, 2004 . Nominations postmarked after that date will not be considered
Nominees will be judged on the following performance indicators:
- Leadership Traits (Work Ethic, Employee Relations, Mentoring)
- Customer Service Performance
- Management Skills (Cost control, Staff retention)
- Why you think your restaurant manager deserves to win
The mission of the Texas Restaurant Association Education Foundation is to promote the success of the foodservice industry by:
- Providing innovative educational programs and tools
- Building pathways from schools to careers
- Upholding and enhancing the image of the restaurant industry
TRA Education Foundation, P.O. Box 1429, Austin, TX 78767-1429. (512) 457-4100 (800) 395-2872, Fax: (512) 472-2777. Email: [email protected]
Who Sponsors the Restaurant Manager of the Year Award ?
Ben E. Keith Foods is the ninth largest full line foodservice distributor in the nation, operating in Texas since 1906. "We are very excited to be a sponsor of the Manager of the Year program. Our principal focus is to make the restaurant manager's job easier and their foodservice establishment more profitable. We are proud of our long association and partnership with TRA and all of its exciting programs for the independent operators and emerging chains."
Texas Mutual Insurance Co. is the state's leading writer of workers' compensation group purchasing programs, which benefit organizations like the Texas Restaurant Association Education Foundation. With over 750 employees in Austin, Dallas, Houston and Lubbock, Texas Mutual Insurance Co. lives up to its slogan: “We're here for you, Texas.”
Back to Top
Nominations will be verified
Back to Top