- Email this page
The Association Advantage 3-for-1 membership
Join the Texas Restaurant Association as a restaurant member and you automatically become a member of the National Restaurant Association and your local chapter.
Join and network with more than 42,000 restaurant companies representing over 220,000 restaurant establishments.
Texas Restaurant Association has won many victories for the foodservice industry in Texas. When you join TRA, you also become part of an organization (NRA) that Fortune magazine has ranked #10 as the most effective lobbying organization in the nation. Join thousands of your colleagues across the country in making sure government understands what it takes to run a restaurant business.
Get access to useful publications, hands-on managerial tools and benchmarking data, plus training from the TRA Education Foundation and NRA Solutions.
Taking care of business means finding the right people to take care of you. Preferred Suppliers are created to increase your profit margin with essential products and individualized customer service. Chosen for their competitive rates and dedicated support of TRA members, each company provides a no-cost analysis of services.
The TRA and NRA promote your business. We promote dining out, encourage restaurant careers, demonstrate the industry's commitment to food safety, and get the word out about the impact of restaurants on the economy.
- Industry experts on staff to answer your questions at (800) 395-2872
- Consumer trends and studies
- Legal and technical advice for members
- Enter the NRA Restaurant Neighbor Award: You could win $5,000 for your community project and recognition for outstanding community involvement
- Member window decal
- Use of Association "Proud Member of" logo for menu and advertising. Not allowed on letterhead or business cards.
- NRA's Cornerstone Initiative A public relations effort to communicate that the restaurant industry is the cornerstone of the economy, career opportunities and community involvement
- Up-to-date information on new laws, regulations and tax credits
- Member discounts on training materials and publications
- Reduced member rates on insurance, credit-card processing and car rentals
- Networking Opportunities
- TRA produces Southwest Foodservice Expo, the largest industry tradeshow in the Southwest, with nearly 20,000 attendees each year alternating between Dallas and Houston
- Members receive free admission to Southwest Foodservice Expo as well as the NRA's annual tradeshow in Chicago
- Information about industry conferences and events throughout the year
- Influence with the local, state and nation's key decision-makers
- Updates on regulations, legislation and issues that could impact your business
- Opportunities for you to become involved in the political and legislative process through our grassroots initiatives